Develop church sports and recreation trainings, build relationships with churches, train leaders and make disciples.
I love the Lord and sports, so I use my God given athletic abilities to serve Him and the Church. Changing life through sports outreach. Training and equipping local churches to do so.
Click below to see what N'Jaka & Domoina are doing:
- We praise the Lord for His faithfulness to protect all of us from this pandemic that threatens us. As it is going internationally, Madagascar is not spared from it. People are scared and deeply afraid because the quarantine center has been full now. The Chinese would often come down to our country, and some people have already died by Covid-19.
- We affirm that Covid-19 is here, and we really need prayers. If these poor people are caught by it, we are helpless; that’s why we need divine interventions and your prayers. After a couple weeks, all things would change to worst here. Surely all schools, churches or any gatherings would be banned, and food would be the first problem because all stores would shut down. But we always trust in the Lord only. Our president officially declared that the Covid-19 is here, and the government urges people to be careful and follow all the details for protection.
- This year we will have three big mission trips focusing on how to reach Malagasy people through Sports, Recreation and Fitness in May in Toamasina, July in Mahajanga and Diego-Suarez in September. These three big towns have the strongest Malagasy influence in the country.
We need $3,500 for these three mission trips.
"The Lord will remove from you all sickness; and He will not put on you any of the harmful diseases of Egypt which you have known, but He will lay them on all who hate you."
— Deuteronomy 7:15, is the verse we have received recently, and we hope it can encourage you as well.
Family life: The lock down helped us as a family to get closer, to continue to know each other, to love each other and focus more on God and His Words than before. As a couple, Domoina and I have the opportunity to often evaluate and discuss more about marriage issues and to try to resolve them one by one, step by step in order to not repeat the mistakes we did before and to live normally according to Words of God. Our main marriage issue has been the lack of balance between family life, marriage relationship and ministries. As result of it, we love each other much than before and have more strength to encourage other couples. Our kids are happy with this. That helps them to develop and grow spiritually, mentally and socially.
Domoina’s new ministry position at CSRM: During lock down, the Lord has led her to use her gift. As she sought the Lord in prayer, she told me that she has burden of encourage, empower, counsel and train women working and involved in CSRM (Church Sports and Recreation Ministries), Global Network Partners (GNP)’s wives and women through social medias such as Whatsapp of Facebook. As she was interviewed by the directors, this position has been granted to her from June 2020.
Military Pro-athletes Ministries: This year 5 disciples have started to take action. After years of training, discipling and equipping now, they have boldness to witness and share their faith. The one did the 5 minutes sharing God’s Word every Tuesday morning. The work continues, we hope that the Lord would send out more workers into His harvest field.
Within two months of lock down of reaching out to neighbors for Christ and making them disciples, we have discovered that people are more open to the Gospel than with normal life; they are more hungry for the Words, concentrate and give more time to listen and study the Words. Everyday, I have at least one appointment with a couple or family to preach the Gospel or following them up with Christian Basic Lessons. People are interested in the Gospel as result of this, there are changed lives among men mainly, they are giving up from drinking alcohol, and smoking cigarettes, stopping violence to their wives. With women, their point of view of God and themselves have changed, their faith increased and more dependent to God. But, there are always those who criticize, oppose, and persecute. We have prayed for them. God has the right time for them to repent from their sins and believe in Christ to be saved.
I created Follow-up of Christian Life Basic Lessons, curriculum of same lessons for all, unfortunately our printer has been broken and can’t print any more. In May, 7 couples have received Christ as their own Lord and Savior and being followed up. All the men are athletes; soccer players who would be trained and equipped to minister to the sports fields and lead Church Sports Ministries in their respective local church in the future.
Domestic Violence Issues
As we have preached the Gospel to the neighborhood and made them disciples while locked down, we encountered other issues- domestic violences which increased quickly in number. We found out because these women are coming by us to ask for counsel and help. They don't come to other persons but to us first; to Domoina mainly, they are more confident to her. These cases are not the first time, they are recurrent acts of violence. We have to help them to flee from their home to protect the women and their children and help them to proceed to the law regulations so that these men won’t remake evil things like this any more, counsel and pray for and with them. We are working with municipality agents and police for this.
Our plans to restart our ministry are:
1. to set one day fasting and prayer to seek God's face and guide
2. to make a list of pastors and church denominations who are doing, liking sports ministries then to contact them if they would be interested on Church Sports and Recreation Ministries online training. We will start to contact them in July. Because, lockdown will continue at least 6 months.
We can't come out of the capital for mission trips because of the lock down, but we still trust in the Lord to accomplish our plan to reach the North of Madagascar to train an equip local churches there on CSRM.
The verse that encourages us too much during the lock down is "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seeks Him." (Hebrew 11.6) We have seen that God exists, He is a living God, He provides, He works and moves amidst all the events, all things change, but He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Support N'Jaka & Domoina
When you give today, you are helping Bradley and Kingdom Sports Ministry to purchase equipment and supplies as well as support their many short term missions to further reach the people of South Africa.
After clicking the Donate button, be sure to choose Bradley Barnes from the drop down menu.
We got to interview N'Jaka & Domoina the last time they were in the US!
Population: Approx 24.5 million