Certification as a Sport, Recreation, and Fitness Minister (CSRFM) Is Designed To:
- Resource, train, equip, connect and inform all Local Church Sports Ministers, Sports Pastors, Fitness Ministers, Activities Directors and Church Recreators for Strategically-Relevant & Efficiently-Effective SR&F Outreach Ministry.
- Award CSRM's Internationally recognized Sports Minister's Certification upon the completion of required training.
- Communicate the rationale for, explanation of: CSRM's "3-Tier Paradigm" of Theological-Truths, Philosophical-Principles, and Methodological-Models as the Organizational Structure for Local Church SR&F Outreach.
- Being a Certified Sports, Recreation, and Fitness Minister (CSRFM) is valuable to both the local church leader in sport, recreation, and fitness ministries, as well as, para-ministry organizations that use sports and recreation as an outreach tool.
Why Is Certification Important?
- Professional Commitment. The education and training necessary to gain certification communicates your commitment to the field of sports and recreation ministries. Continuing education is a crucial aspect of professionalism and the certification not only gives that initial education, but in order to maintain certification, one must obtain Continuing Education Units in workshops, webinars, and other forms.
- Enhances a Professional Image. Learning the biblical basis of how sports and recreation ties into the ministry of the church offers the sports and recreation minister the opportunity to improve how others view their leadership. Instead of being a “separate” ministry, one can communicate how all ministries work together in a local church.
- Recognition of Your Accomplishment. People finishing the process obtain a certificate indicating their completion of Sports Outreach Minister’s Certification. Completion also grants the minister the ability to use the letters “CSRFM” following their signature. In this way, all communication will alert others of your accomplishment.
- Expansion of Skill and Knowledge.
General Information Concerning the Certification
- The initial Certification requires 30 total units (approximately 30 clock hours) and is valid for 24 months.
- The Certification requires:
- Level #1 - Theological Truths (5 units)
- Level #2 - Philosophical Principles (5 units)
- Level #3 - Methodological Models (10 units)
- Electives (10 units...could include additional sessions from any of Levels 1-3 or electives).
- The links for each session will be sent to you following the approval of your application.
- The Certification can be renewed and maintained every year thereafter by receiving 5 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEU's) each year. CEU’s are obtained by attending conferences, webinars, etc.
- The period for completion, once accepted, takes anywhere from one month to one year depending on the energy and time availability of the student.
Shape Divider - Style mountains
Shape Divider - Style fan_opacity
Shape Divider - Style triangle_asymmetrical