NORTHSTAR CHRISTIAN ACADEMY SPORTS COMPLEX
Director of Sports Services and Events Planning
The NorthStar Christian Academy Sports Complex is a 70.000 square foot World Class training facility located in Alexandria Minnesota, two hours NW of Minneapolis. The NCA Sports Complex officially opened in September of 2018 and features a 200 x 85’ ice sheet, a state of the art indoor turf field house, a state of the art Training Lab, dedicated locker rooms, training and medical rooms, private sauna, laundry and equipment rooms, team video/conference room, shooting bays, a Chapel, and a beautiful open atrium for gatherings. Currently this facility is used to reach students and athletes from the local community, students from across the United States, and athletes from all around the World through Biblically based – Christ Centered Discipleship and Sports Programs. It is currently the home of the NorthStar Knights Prep Hockey Team and FCA Hockey.
Position Title: (NCA) NorthStar Christian Academy Director of Sports Services and Events Planning
Reports To: The Director of NorthStar Christian Academy Job Overview: The NorthStar Christian Academy Sports Complex is currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced, passionate, yet servant-hearted leader who is called to put Christian principles into practice through managing a World Class Sports Facility while planning events and developing programs that build healthy Spirits, Minds, and Bodies through Biblically based – Christ centered discipleship. Compensation will range between $75-100K including benefits based on experience and qualifications with a projected start date on or before August 1, 2020 and a relocation incentive.
• Clear Calling – clearly called by the Lord to work in sports ministry and to lead others through Jesus Christ’s examples and principles
• Character – One who lives out the Fruits of the Spirit with Integrity, Humility, Biblical Truth, and Unity
• Chemistry – works well with staff, students, volunteers, peers, board & community members, and guests
• Confidence – strives to work and please the Lord in all that you do while exhibiting self confidence through strong leadership and people skills
• Communication – ability to communicate openly, share knowledge, build positive collaboration between people while developing, maintaining, and growing personal and community relationships
• Highly motivated, self starter, results driven, passionate, high energy, positive disposition, creative and a problem solver – able to work well alone, as well as, with diverse groups of people and teams
• One who accepts responsibility for their actions, desires to sacrifice and serve others, is disciplined and diligent at home and in work environments, one who is generous with their time, talents, and resources, and one who is not afraid to have hard conversations • Personal and active relationship with Jesus Christ
• Ability to hold others accountable
• Ability to negotiate
• Ability to multi task and prioritize – strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to take action and be proactive
• Ability to work independently and execute a plan
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment
• Attention to detail and passion for excellence - motivated to maintain high quality within the details
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 10 years of experience in a leadership role or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
• Experience in developing and discipling others both individually and in a group setting
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products
• Experience in sports complex management with both ice installation and maintenance
• Experience and knowledge with contracts and contractor negotiation
• Experience managing people – employee, customers, counterparts, donors, and teams – able to engage others and lead a team to success
• Experiencing in developing sports programs for youth and/or adults
• Experience in money management, marketing, budgets, cost analysis, cost management, and profit development (Certified Accountant for NCA is outsourced through a Contractual agreement)
• Possesses and executes planning and project management skills
• Create and manage a cost efficient and customer effective staff and staff schedule
• Enlist, equip, train, empower, manage, encourage, disciple, communicate and evaluate staff members with honesty and accountability while addressing issues immediately
• Set team and individual goals while motivating others to want to serve and give their best in all areas
• Create a positive and desirable work environment
• Build and guide Christ centered relationships both internally and externally with sales and marketing teams, vendors and distributors, employees and students, customers and guests, volunteers and committees, along with board members, peers, and donors
• Provide Financial oversight and insight while developing and maintaining a yearly budget
• Create Financial Income Opportunity for NCA through events, programs, and donor relationships
• Oversee and manage the cleaning, maintenance, ice installation, field house turf, and overall condition of the building and all equipment to ensure a safe facility and work practices
• Oversee and manage facility maintenance contracts, contractors, and payment of invoices including negotiating, implementing, and approving needed contracts
• Create and Maintain Standard Operating Procedures in order to manage the building, employees, customers, vendors, and programs with professionalism, continuity, and excellence
• Oversee and manage compliance of company policies and procedures with local, state, and federal regulations
• Develop, execute, and follow through of discipleship opportunities through events and programs while coordinating special events, and facility rentals
• Develop strategic partnerships with local ministries, and organizations (including but not limited to schools, businesses, sports leagues, and churches)
• Build relationships and provide strategic direction to help NCA grow and profit
• Establish and implement Marketing Plans that will generate building and program usage
• Oversee, develop, and manage high quality, professional, and customer friendly web design, marketing materials, and internet pages
• Continued integration and unity of NCA and the NorthStar Knights Prep Hockey Program
Please email your Resume and 3 references to email@example.com attention: Brent Smith NCA Position
For more information about NorthStar Christian Academy please visit https://www.nscacademy.org For more information about the NorthStar Knights Prep Hockey Team Program please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsPdk-_4dNE
Salvation Army- Director of Athletics & Community Ministries- Indianapolis Region
Dept: Eagle Creek Ministries
View the entire posting at: https://careers-uscsalvationarmy.icims.com/jobs/10195/director-of-athletic-%26-community-ministries/job Job Objective: The Director of Athletic and Community Ministries will provide leadership and accountability for managing all aspects of the corps community center ministries; e.g. athletic complex and ministries, leagues, staff and clinics along with supervising officials, coaches and volunteers. This individual will develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive portfolio of ministries which enhance experience of a diverse array of community and corps member through exposure to and participation in youth, athletic and recreational ministries and services. Additionally, there will be engagement of community relations and departmental resource/budget management.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Supervisory Responsibility: Position supervises Community Center paid staff and volunteer staff.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
All interested candidates, please submit resumes to the attention of Lieutenant Joshua Hubbard. Email is preferable.
Fax: (317) 299.0875
Assistant Director of Sports Ministry
First Friends is seeking a full-time Asst. Director of Sports Ministry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic person who has a passion for Jesus that can build upon and strengthen our Sports Ministry. This involves running leagues, giving devotionals, recruiting and training volunteers. We are looking for a person who has 3+ years of experience in sports or youth ministry and has strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Click HERE for a full job description and details.
Interested candidates need a college degree and can submit resumes by e-mail to Executive Pastor, Roger Foote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Friends Church
5455 Market Ave N.
Canton, OH 44714
We have an exciting opportunity to grow the work in Germany with a 1 year missions opportunity unlike any that we have offered before. Do you have a young man who might be interested?
This is from our partner church in Schenefield, Germany (Hamburg):
In order to establish a church-linked Christian baseball team as part of our youth ministry we want to hire as soon as possible a
We offer a financial compensation and accommodation, support in learning the German language (if desired) and the opportunity to also be linked to the professional Baseball club Westend 69ers.
We desire a sports missionary who is Christ-centered and self-motivated to use a unique moment establishing a baseball team combined with all kinds of Christian youth activities.
For more information on how you can apply, contact Dr. Doug Casady at email@example.com
A local basketball club in Sichuan Province, China is seeking 2 basketball coaches For immediate placement. Must be single; man or woman is acceptable.
The club will provide air travel return (once per year), housing, and a monthly salary of $1,500 to $1,900. Additional income is possible by teaching additional classes.
Minimum placement time is 3 months, but one year or longer is prefered. Bachelor’s degree required and experience teaching youth / coaching basketball.
One coach is responsible to coach a high school club team and teach some elementary / kinder level basketball classes. The second coach will be responsible to teach elementary / kinder basketball classes. Work time is 5 days per week including weekends. Two days off per week.
A work visa can be issued by the club. This will include certification of your diploma and a background check.
This will be the first full-time foreign basketball coaches for this club. They have a long history of coaching kids in this town. We hope to place great coaches of character.
Position Summary: Assist the Director of Sports Ministry by leading and directing a
disciple-making ministry in the area of Sports and Recreation beginning inside our
church and reaching out into our community.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Pray regularly for league directors, coaches, players and programs within sports
• Recruit primarily First Friends volunteers, and secondarily community volunteers
to coach and direct leagues in the Sports Ministry. Work to increase the
involvement of First Friends volunteers and participants in Sports Ministry.
• Give devotionals in large and small groups.
• Responsible for the implementation of the vision, management and oversight of
all sports leagues and administration to include cost planning work sheets, skill
assessment, team formation, ordering jerseys, festival activities, scheduling,
purchasing and distributing equipment, gifts, and awards. .
• Incorporate other First Friends ministries into the Sports Ministry.
• Develop a Sports Ministry Team that can serve, help provide vision and ideas for
the overall Sports Ministry.
• Administrate the budget for all areas of responsibility within sports and recreation
• Help to recruit, supervise and manage Sports Ministry interns.
• Keep current on First Aide certification, defibulator and all emergency procedures
to include First Friends Crisis Management Plan.
• Attend regular scheduled leadership meetings that would include: sports staff,
ministry/all staff, and congregational meetings.
• Work with the Director of Facilities to maintain and care for the gym, baseball
fields and soccer fields.
• Maintain a regular presence at ministry activities and functions
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Be able to work evenings and weekends
• The ability to set up and tear down sports equipment in the Gym: chairs,
bleachers and basketball goals.
• Be able to lift 75 lbs.
• Member of First Friends Church (or working toward)
• Clean background check
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Must be a Christian
Personal and Spiritual Qualifications:
• The greatest requirement for the Staff at First Friends is a strong personal
commitment to Jesus Christ and a love for His church (Matt.22: 36-40). He/she
must demonstrate a commitment to ongoing spiritual development and maturity
and must be someone with impeccable personal integrity and moral purity.
• The staff member views their position at the church as a “call” from God.
• Spiritual maturity and commitment to a Christian lifestyle. 1 Timothy 3:2-4,7 ....
above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable,
hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not
quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own family well and see
that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect.
(7) And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he
will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
• Theologically he/she must be Evangelical with a deep appreciation for the
authority of scripture and an unswerving commitment to a biblically based
lifestyle. (Titus1:9) This lifestyle must exemplify the purpose, philosophy,
doctrines and vision of Canton First Friends Church.
• It is expected the staff operate and abide by Evangelical Friends Church Faith
and Practice and the Employee Handbook.
• Able to provide pastoral care for the families of First Friends.
Interested candidates need a college degree and can submit resumes by e-mail to Executive Pastor, Roger Foote at firstname.lastname@example.org.