Position Summary: Assist the Director of Sports Ministry by leading and directing a
disciple-making ministry in the area of Sports and Recreation beginning inside our
church and reaching out into our community.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Pray regularly for league directors, coaches, players and programs within sports
• Recruit primarily First Friends volunteers, and secondarily community volunteers
to coach and direct leagues in the Sports Ministry. Work to increase the
involvement of First Friends volunteers and participants in Sports Ministry.
• Give devotionals in large and small groups.
• Responsible for the implementation of the vision, management and oversight of
all sports leagues and administration to include cost planning work sheets, skill
assessment, team formation, ordering jerseys, festival activities, scheduling,
purchasing and distributing equipment, gifts, and awards. .
• Incorporate other First Friends ministries into the Sports Ministry.
• Develop a Sports Ministry Team that can serve, help provide vision and ideas for
the overall Sports Ministry.
• Administrate the budget for all areas of responsibility within sports and recreation
• Help to recruit, supervise and manage Sports Ministry interns.
• Keep current on First Aide certification, defibulator and all emergency procedures
to include First Friends Crisis Management Plan.
• Attend regular scheduled leadership meetings that would include: sports staff,
ministry/all staff, and congregational meetings.
• Work with the Director of Facilities to maintain and care for the gym, baseball
fields and soccer fields.
• Maintain a regular presence at ministry activities and functions
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Be able to work evenings and weekends
• The ability to set up and tear down sports equipment in the Gym: chairs,
bleachers and basketball goals.
• Be able to lift 75 lbs.
• Member of First Friends Church (or working toward)
• Clean background check
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Must be a Christian
Personal and Spiritual Qualifications:
• The greatest requirement for the Staff at First Friends is a strong personal
commitment to Jesus Christ and a love for His church (Matt.22: 36-40). He/she
must demonstrate a commitment to ongoing spiritual development and maturity
and must be someone with impeccable personal integrity and moral purity.
• The staff member views their position at the church as a “call” from God.
• Spiritual maturity and commitment to a Christian lifestyle. 1 Timothy 3:2-4,7 ....
above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable,
hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not
quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own family well and see
that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect.
(7) And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he
will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
• Theologically he/she must be Evangelical with a deep appreciation for the
authority of scripture and an unswerving commitment to a biblically based
lifestyle. (Titus1:9) This lifestyle must exemplify the purpose, philosophy,
doctrines and vision of Canton First Friends Church.
• It is expected the staff operate and abide by Evangelical Friends Church Faith
and Practice and the Employee Handbook.
• Able to provide pastoral care for the families of First Friends.
Interested candidates need a college degree and can submit resumes by e-mail to Executive Pastor, Roger Foote at email@example.com.