To identify trainer of trainer (TOT) coaches, leaders and provide the relevant training through whole life and value – based coaching program
To conduct an accurate assessment of the opportunities for serving the church, conducting training and equipping of coaches, referees, and leaders through whole life coaching program for all age groups.
We are guided by these values:
We believe there many benefits to serving together instead of by yourself. We compensate for each other’s weaknesses; we’re more efficient; we multiply our
effectiveness; we can defeat bigger problems, and we can support each other when we are tired or discouraged.
Our sports programs are holistic, recognizing the multiple dimensions of a person - mind, soul, spirit, and body. Our goal is to produce skilled athletes with positive values that will help change their world through modeling and service, serve the local church, facilitate disciple bible studies(DBS), train and equip leaders, run soccer academy and annual soccer camp, prison outreach, partner with like-minded people, provide sports equipment to refugees and our host community, conduct fitness training, and mentor and disciple professional athletes.
We have reached more than 300 soccer teams by among others:
Click the years below to see updates:
Covid-19 has indeed limited the in-person trainings and thus limiting our engagements. However, the following are activities undertaken in the past:
• Currently conducting inter-county soccer clinic outreach by using J3.16 ball to share the gospel.
• We donated food to the affected people by the Covid-19.
• We conducted a soccer clinic and Total Fitness training for children and staff from our partnering agency in refugee camp.
• We trained and equipped coaches and referees from Kakuma and Kalubeyei refugee camp through Ubabalo, Value based and whole – life coaching program.
• We trained and equipped fifteen (15) pastors from the Dadaab refugee camp.
• We donated five (5) sewing machines and other materials to the five churches, out of the fifteen (15) churches that are in refugee camp.
• We donated sport equipment to refugees and the host community.
• I am discipling and mentoring a group of elite coaches.
• Running a soccer academy in Nairobi, Kenya.
• Facilitating Disciple Bible Studies (DBS).
For children and youth uprooted by war or displaced, sport is much more than a leisure activity. It is allowing for inclusivity, social protection, a chance to heal, develop and grow. Sport is a positive catalyst for empowering refugee communities, helping to
strengthen social cohesion and forge closer ties with host communities. Sports Aid Africa (SAA) is a Kenyan Non-Governmental Organization dedicated to serving these populations at risk residing in Dadaab, Kakuma and Kalobeyei refugee camp and our host community.
SAA helps the youth in refugee camps and in host communities cultivate their character and contribute to the world through sports programs. We nurture the gifts of youth and impart values that serve them and the world.
SAA seeks to achieve the following:
When you give today, you are helping Hamisi purchase
their own land for a training sports facility and offices, an off-road 4WD car and a long-lasting technical and resource based partnership to reach the people of Kenya and beyond.
After clicking the button, be sure to choose Hamisi Ogaya from the drop down menu.
Where is Kenya?
Population: 49.7 million *World Bank (2017)
More than 60 languages are spoken in Kenya!
Kenya is home to Lions, Elephants, Leopard, Rhinoceros, and Cape Buffalo.
*2010 Pew Research