To equip local churches sports outreach leaders to mobilize their churches to
change lives by connecting them with resources, networks, partners and training opportunities. Connection groups work to create and provide continuing education, sharing of ideas, discussions, and relationships with others in Sport and Recreation Outreach Ministry in both a local region and the global network of CSRM.
Connection Groups are organized by regions and each region is represented by a CSRM leader. The regional representative serves as a point of contact to assist you in connecting with others in the region, supporting your work through the promotion of available resources, and promoting the establishment or growth of local connections group in your specific area.
Contact your CSRM Connections Representative (see regional contacts listed below). Complete and return your Connections Convener application and signed covenant form.
Start “connecting” with other sport ministers and organize your first group meeting or phone / web conference
5 WAYS TO CONNECT
Gatherings of local church sports outreach leaders who meet once a month; once a quarter; or twice a year for the purpose of equipping, training, partnering and fellowship
Web based training and equipping on various strategic and relevant topics via interactive webbased technology
We at CSRM hope to develop a "harbor community" which will serve the unique needs of a specific area of local church sport, recreation and fitness ministry Harbor members serve as the "leaders, elders and visionaries" of a specific methodology of the local church sports movement and meet 36 times each year
A listing of businesses and ministries which provide any or all of the following: Products, resources, literature, sporting goods, consulting, services, architects, builders, rental companies and/or programs
CSRM is committed to doing the screening and research on the companies, ministries and services which provide excellence in all they provide and are committed to upholding Biblical standards in regards to their workforce and the environment. CSRM does this as a service to its members saving them time, energy and finances
CSRM members receive significant discounts on the resources and services of all Preferred Providers
CSRM is committed to providing connections to the people, ministries, services, resources and cutting edge missional programming, thinking and trends via:
CONNECTION CONVENER COVENANT AGREEMENT
All CSRM Connection Coveners covenant to:
- Faithfully work to accomplish the CSRM Vision of Equipping Local Churches to Change Lives Through Sports Outreach
- Faithfully and consistently pray for all CSRM leaders and members
- Consistently promote and be involved in CSRM’s 4fold strategies by:
- File Biannual reports on all Connection activities (Due: March 1 and September 1st)
- Adhere to CSRM Core Values in personal practice and Biblical lifestyle
- Faithfully support each Connection Convener in the following tangible ways
- Consistently pray for each CSRM Connection Convener
- Provide CSRM resources at cost or less to all Connection Conveners
- Provide accountability for Connection Convener’s ministry and life
- The CSRM Connection Conveners Covenant is too be reestablished on a yearly basis in September of each calendar by a communication between the CSRM Executive (or his designate) and each Convener
- Wherever possible this should be done in person or Skype. At times written communication may be needed due to inability to personally connect.
- The renewal of the CSRM Connection Convener Covenant is based upon the faithful fulfillment of the agreed upon covenant.
- This commitment can be ended at any point by either party.
Cool Spring Church
Executive Director, CSRM
Major David Harvey
The Salvation Army
Post Road Christian Church
317.898.4945, Ext. 118
Family Life Center Director, Sandia Presbyterian Church
505.856.5040, Ext. 124
Church Sports International
Azusa Pacific University
Los Angeles & Orange Co, CA
Minister of Fitness & Recreation
Houston’s First Baptist Church
Cool Spring Church
Director, Sports Recreation Ministry, Second Presbyterian Church
901.454.0034, Ext 114
Northeast Georgia Sports Ministries
No groups in this area.